Wednesday, June 8, 2011

From Hair and Make-up... To Amateur Designer

You would think that I woke up one day, wanting to pursue a career in Fashion Designing.  The truth of the matter is, I didn't really wanted to go out and spend money on a couple of dresses that would have no significant value to me in the longer run.  Having said that, I have no experience background in designing, sewing, pattern making and any knowledge in fabric.  But, I knew what I like and knew what I wanted to see.  Thus, began my days of amateur designing.

With some encouragement from my dear friends, Brandi Shawnell, of Shawnell O'Shea Designs, Jasmine Cardenas, my go to Make-up Artist/Consultant and Amiee Douillard, of Vavavoom Couture, I drove on over to the nearest fabric store and sewwed together my first three piece collection... 

Oh, and if your thinking of pursuing your dream of designing, let me tell you this, you better have a lot of patience, have a sailor's mouth, maybe think about taking up smoking (optional), have an assistant so you can fire on a daily basis and rehire the next day, just to do it all over again (non-pay of course!).  It wasn't all easy putting the collection together, yet, somehow in the end, it was satisfying!

And yes, I fed the models!  We had pizzas, buffalo wings and sodas!  That was in case you were wondering... Just saying...


Photographer: Kevin Chan
Model: Victoria Melshaw
Make-Up Artist: Apryl Strayhand
Hair: seanALIAN
Designer: seanALIAN

Model: Angela Sutherland
Make-Up Artist: Apryl Strayhand
Hair: seanALIAN
Designer: seanALIAN

Photographer: Xue Vue
Model: Lea Gregorakis
Make-Up Artist: Jasmine Cardenas
Hair: seanALIAN
Designer: seanALIAN

No comments:

Post a Comment